Wednesday

So whats up with the name Sunergos anyway?

It was never a nickname for me, although it has become one in some circles. Sunergos is a Greek word that I originally came across when looking for a synonym for the word synergy. Sunergos is the name of a Linux distribution that has been cooking on my back burner for the better part of a decade. I have no illusions as to my abilities as a programmer or *nix guru, so I have done little work on the Sunergos distro outside of theoretics and high-level planning. A few recent articles have put Sunergos back toward the frontal parts of my brain. While I doubt that I will ever see my baby birthed, I would at least like to share my vision with the rest of the world. So, over the next few days, I hope to describe some of the features I wanted Sunergos to have, as well as the articles that inspired my sense of rejuvenation. I have a feeling that logic behind my choice of a name will become self evident.